Tuesday 15 July 2014

Standing Theory @ SS2

Standing Theory is one of the growing cafe in SS2. I cannot really say it is one of the latest cafe since it have been brewing for like almost 9 months already (launched on November 9, 2013). What I can really say is that it is one of the hidden gem since it have been hidden in one of the housing area in SS2. Despite of that, they are still able to attract a large crowd. Malaysian are really a food hunter. So long as they heard about something new or special, they will just explore it regardless of how far or how hidden it was especially for food wise. I am a typical Malaysian as well. Meaning?? I went and explore this place as well with my sister on last Sunday after hearing so much about this place. So, we went over here for breakfast on last Sunday (Oppsss...I should say brunch instead).

 So, this is how Standing Theory looks like from the inner view. We went around 12 something to 1 something on Sunday and it was full with people.

 
These were the food and drink we ordered that day. And these had made us poorer by RM26.
The good thing is, there are aren't any tax or service charges.

B.B.C Waffle (RM16.00) 
Rating: 3/5
The choices of food here are quite limited actually. They only offered 4 types of set lunch (from 11.00 am - 4.30 pm) and 5 types of set for dinner (from 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm). Since, we wanted to try out some waffles, so we ended up ordered their B.B.C waffle. In fact, this is the only waffle offered by them during lunch hour. B.B.C waffle is actually a combination of waffles with smoked bacon, banana, fat baby cornflake ice cream plus gula melaka syrup. I like the combination of their ice cream and their waffle itself but not everything mixed together.  If everything are mixed together, I think the taste is average only. Anyway, I saw there were quite a number of people ordered this. Indeed, I am interested on the other waffle in which they only offered during the dinner time. That one is actually a combination of waffles, coconut candy ice cream, crushed peanuts and gula melaka syrup. Sound interesting??

Hot Chocolate (RM10.00)
Rating 3.5/5
Standing Theory is actually quite famous for their coffee like flat white but since both of us cannot really drink coffee so we decided to order hot chocolate instead. Don't get me wrong. I actually love coffee. Just that I couldn't drink much as I will suffer breathing difficulty during the night time if I drink a lot. I think the chocolate is perfectly balanced as in it is well mixed lah. The taste is okay as well. So far, I have not try any chocolate which I think is the best yet. Any recommendation??

I always see this pose whenever people post their coffee picture on Instagram. So, I am trying to imitate that pose as well. So, here you go my imitation. I think it turns out to be quite good huh? Haha. (*self compliment). Anyway, this is chocolate, not coffee. Surprisingly, they have art on their chocolate as well. Most cafes only offer art on their coffee but not on their chocolate.


Isn't this is cool when you still can see the art/design even after finishing it??

Rating: 3.5/5

Standing Theory
26, Jalan SS2/103,
47300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
Telephone: 016 - 212 4421

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StandingTheory

Operating Hours: Tuesday - Sunday (11.00am - 11.00pm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment