Sunday 15 June 2014

Caffe Bene @ Solaris Mon't Kiara

Annyeong Haseyo!! No doubt to say that korean trend is emerging as an influential global trend.  This happen in Malaysia as well. This trend have been getting stronger too. No matter are in terms of their song, their drama, their dressing style, their language or even their food. I believe that most of us more or less will know one or two Korean words right like "Annyeong Haseyo"(Hello/How Are You), "Kamsahamida"(Thank You), "Otoke"(What to Do), "Chon-Mahn-Eh-Yo"(You Are Welcome). When you talk about k-pop idol, I guess everyone know who is Big Bang and Girls' Generation right?? When you talk about drama, who don't know the latest and hottest drama, My Love from the Star (Lai Zi Xing Xing De Ni) even me myself is watching this drama right now. I know this drama was quite sometime already but because I was too busy with my assignment and exam previously so forgive me for being a bit outdated. Is A BIT only ar!! Lol. Next, when you talk about food, who don't know what is tteokbokki, kimchi and dak galbi right? So, same goes for their dessert as well like bingsu. I'll let you know more about bingsu in a short while. Let me introduce you to Caffe Bene first. 

So, Caffe Bene is actually a coffeehouse chain that based in Seoul, South Korea and was founded in May 2008 by Sun-Kwon Kim. Caffe Bene mean "Good Cafe". Caffe Bene has more than thousand of outlets across countries such as Korea, US, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Mongolia, Cambodia, Singapore, Japan and of course Malaysia as well. They offer a wide range of products from waffles to honeybread, gelato, frappeno, cocktail, coffee and bingsu.

There are only 2 outlets in Malaysia. First outlet was opened in Sunway Pyramid and the second one was in Solaris Mon't Kiara. So, this is how Caffe Bene in Solaris Mon't Kiara looks like. I went here with my friends two weeks ago after eating our dinner at Gangnam88. Again, the cafe was full with people and there were people queuing as well. We waited awhile before we get a place to sit. They actually practise a self service concept where first of all you have to place your order at the counter there (*obviously). Then they will give you an UFO plate. When your UFO plate light up and vibrate, it means that your order is ready for collection. Is the same concept used in Snowflakes.

Gelato with waffle (RM14)
Gelato ~ Single / 1 Scoop (RM6)
Gelato ~ Double / 2 Scoops (RM12)
Gelato ~ Small / 3 Scoops (RM18)
Gelato ~ Large / 5 Scoops (RM28) 

Their gelato are available in eight flavours namely strawberry, espresso, blueberry yoghurt, yoghurt, cream cheese, green tea, vanilla and dark chocolate.

I saw this fake and "rusty" clock on their wall. They have this similar clock in their Sunway Pyramid outlet as well. I don't know what it mean or what it actually symbolized. Perhaps is their trademark. Anyway, it attracted me and I think it was quite nice as well so I captured it. 
Cookies and Cream Bingsu (RM22.80) ~ Large 
Rating:1.5/5
Finally, this is the bingsu I mention just now. Bingsu is actually a Korean shaved ice topped with nuts, cereal flakes, fruits, biscuits, jelly bits, beans, ice cream, cream, yoghurt and etc. They have five flavours in total namely strawberry bingsu, coffee bingsu, green tea tower bingsu, cookies & cream bingsu and the latest one is choco devil bingsu. They are available in two sizes that is small (RM12.80) and large (RM22.80). Since we went here after dinner, we were so full that we only ordered one large size of bingsu to share. My friends went and order this large size cookies and cream bingsu. They should have order two small but different flavours instead. Anyway, I think their cookies and cream bingsu is not really nice. Is kinda diluted and a bit too milky the taste. I think McDonald's Oreo Mcflurry is so much nicer. I guess that other flavours might be nicer. This is what I guess only la. Lol.

By chance if I go again, I would definitely like to try their other flavours of bingsu, their honeybread, their gelato and their waffles which look so freaking delicious.

Oh ya, by the way we actually ordered one of their drink that day. I don't know what was the name of the drink because it was ordered by my friends which I think it was quite nice and refreshing. I guess it might be either lemonade or iced fruit tea.

Anyway, there are actually quite a number of Korean restaurants in Solaris here. A bit like Korean Village at Ampang there. Maybe you can check it out and see how was it.

Rating: 3.0/5

Caffe Bene
K-G-04 Solaris Mon't Kiara,
No.2, Jalan Solaris,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 - 6143 5333 or 03 - 6143 6333
Website: http://caffebene.com.my/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caffebene.asia

Operating Hours: Monday - Sunday (9.30am - 11.00pm)

P/S: There was another branch as well in Sunway Pyramid. Please visit http://caffebene.com.my/outlets/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment