Wednesday 11 June 2014

Gangnam88 @ Solaris Mon't Kiara

So it was the last paper of my final exam which ended two weeks ago on the 31 May 2014 at 7pm. My three months summer break officially start. Since my birthday is around the corner, so my friends celebrated it in advance for me that night before each of us is going back to our hometown the next day. Before this, we actually planned to celebrate it by having a buffet dinner at Tao-Cuisine. There were two reasons why we ended up not eating in Tao. First reason is because by the time we finished our exam and reached that place will be very late for buffet already. Second reason is because we didn't do any booking.

So my friend suggested us to go to Gangnam88 since she heard some good reviews from her friends. We reached that place around 9.00pm and the restaurant is full with people and there were people queuing as well. We waited for like half an hour before we actually get a place to sit. So, all of us were thinking the same thing. "Must be nice huh"! It turned out to be a disappointment though. Non of the food we ordered were nice and non of these food we feel like going for the second time. I don't mean that it taste really bad la but what I can say is it doesn't taste good. Is eatable only. At this moment, I think Daorae in Sri Petaling is still the best Korean food I ate so far. 

Beer Chicken (RM50.00) 
Rating: 1.5/5
So, this is their so called best seller. We actually read in someone blog that every table had this order and we saw in their menu as well that this is their best seller. So, we decided to gave it a try and we regret for ordering it. First of all, it is not tasty at all. The chicken itself is a bit tasteless unless you dip in black pepper or some sauce like mayonnaise which I don't I like. Secondly, I don't think that there is any beer taste at all. Thirdly, you need to wait for 45 minutes to an hour time for this particular dish. This was stated in their menu. Surprisingly, we were served with this dish within 15 minutes that day.


Rabbokggi (RM33.00) 
Rating: 1.5/5
Another dish that we ordered that night was rabbokggi. Rabbokggi is actually a combination of korean rice cake or better known as tteokbokki and instant ramen noodle or better known as ramyeon. They have egg, veggies and dumpling in it as well. I love to eat tteokbokki a lot because of their chewy texture. To determine whether it is nice or not, I think the sauce itself play a very important role. In this case, I don't think the sauce is nice and so the tteokbokki as well. 


Kimchi Jjigae (RM20.00) 
Rating: 1.0/5
I don't like to eat kimchi but surprisingly I am okay with kimchi soup. But I don't like the above  kimchi soup taste as well.

BBQ Pork ~ Dwaeji-Galbi (RM49.00) Large 
Rating: 2.0/5
Their special savory pork ribs sauce recipe is originated from South Korea Jeju Island restaurant, a traditional recipe for more than 30 years. Again, I think this is average only.  

So, these are the side dishes they offered and the good thing is it offers unlimited refills as well like other korean restaurant.

This is the inner view of Gangnam88 with lots of K-pop idol's poster around. If you are a K-pop fans then you might like this place because you can have a look on their posters, listen to their songs and watch their shows while enjoying your korean meal. 


A lot of people right? Honestly, for me, I don't really like the food here but maybe you can try and see because different people may have different taste. What I don't like doesn't mean you don't like as well right.

Rating: 2.0/5

Gangnam88
No. 1-1, Jalan Solaris 3,
Solaris Mon't Kiara
Off Jalan Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 - 6206 5888
Website: http://www.gangnam88.net/

Operating Hours: Monday - Sunday (11.30am - 1.00am)

P/S: There was another branch as well in Kota Damansara Giza Mall. Please visit http://www.gangnam88.net/bbs/board.php?bo_table=z5_0 for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment