Friday 4 April 2014

Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul

Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul was established since 1936 and was founded by Mr. Tan Teik Fuang. They specialize in providing the best chendul in Malaysia. However, the first time I ate this chendul, I don't think it was really nice because it was really too little chendul although the taste was not bad. Since, it was my first time, it give me a bad impression. After months, my brother "dapao" it and that was my second try. This time my brother requested for extra chendul and that guy really give him a lot. Then, I tasted it and I'm like... Wow!! This is so much different from the first time I ate and is so delicious. I will say this is one of the best chendul I ever eat and it worth a try. And... I went again today (hehe). The one I ate was actually in Paradigm Mall which is the franchise and the shop is very small where it always full with people. Hence, they are shifting to a bigger shop near Delifrance which is going to open in May. Anyway, don't get me wrong, they are still located at the LG floor of Paradigm Mall. By the way, the original one was actually at Lebuh Keng Kwee in Penang and for your information, they do serves other special Penangites desserts and snacks as well like asam laksa (aromatic noodle in tangy fish gravy topped with shredded fish, pineapple, onion), penang curry (yellow egg noddles/ mee hoon/ chee chong fun with spicy curry soup, chili sambal and coconut milk), teochew rojak (sliced fresh fruits mixed with tasty fermented shrimp paste topped with roasted peanuts and sprinkled with sesame seeds) and Teochew fried (dim sum made up of rice flour deep fried with dried shrimp and peanuts).

Chendul Original (RM4.90) ~ Take Away

Chendul Original (RM4.90)  ~ Dine-In

Rating: 4/5

Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul
Lot 08, Level LG,
Paradigm Mall,
No.1 Jalan SS7/26A, 
Kelana Jaya, 
47301 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Website: http://www.chendul.my/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/penangchendul

Operating Hours: Monday - Sunday (10.00am - 10.00pm)

They have other branches as well in Sunway Pyramid, Penang Road, Komtar Walk, Prangin Mall, Bagan Ajam, Sunshine Farlim,Shah Alam Giant Hypermarket. For more information, please visit http://www.chendul.my/html/location.html

No comments:

Post a Comment